Somewhere Life Is A Figment of Imagination

Monday, July 04, 2005

Hanging Virtues

I was taking a stroll in the garden of dreams,
When I came across an apple orchard,
The trees filled with crimson red apples,
Looked so inviting and tempting to me,

Two apples in particular fascinated me,
The first apple was the one I liked,
And the second liked me,

The orchard owner came up to me and said,
Son, you can have any but one,
It was a difficult choice that I had to make and run,

I was caught in the crossfire between,
Temptation and Tenderness,
Were they apples or hanging virtues, I thought,

I gazed at the adjacent lake,
The soft wind in my face,
Suddenly transformed into a strong gale,

The trees in the orchard started to sway,
It was as if they were telling me something,
And I had nothing to say,

Suddenly, the second apple fell into my hands,
I knew this was it; this was my day,
I thanked the lord and walked away.

6 comments:

Child Woman said...

hmmm......!! a good adam en eve adaptation..but a very genuine one..we all stumble across thes apples sooner or later

Fatally Flawed said...

lol... ;)) all i know is we all "stumble"...what say?

Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

pardon my asking but is it an original?i mean it sounds like a beautiful n original work of some poet of the 18th century.

Fatally Flawed said...

@swathi
dunno if you meant it in jest...however, will take that as a compliment :))

pssst...will let you in on a secret...shshhhh! It is an original! ;))

Crouching Tigress said...

Oh so very nice!

Fatally Flawed said...

@searchinformrmojorisin

thank u :)